Stirdie improves transparency and accountability of data through an immutable audit trail, eliminating messaging scams & fraud
let’s talk scams
Scams Awareness Week 2021
Stirdie is proud to be partnering with the ACCC to participate in the 2021 Scams Awareness Week. Scams Awareness Week shines a light on the dangers of scams and fraud, with scams costing Australian consumers, businesses and the economy hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
Scams and your industry
Scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to target Australian businesses in all industries with a range of scams including but not limited to phishing, vaccine supply scams and business email compromise.
Protecting your business
Some things to keep in mind when protecting your business from the impact of fraud and scams.
Genuine emails about online government or business services will not include links to sign in pages, or ask for your personal information, account details, PIN or passwords.
If you are unsure if the email, call or SMS you have received is genuine, do not click any links or open any attachments, and contact the organisation using contact details that you’ve found yourself (e.g. using a search engine like Google).
Change of bank details
If you are unsure about a change to a supplier or employee’s bank account details, call them to confirm even if an explanation is provided by email.
Business security compromise
Make sure your business computers have up-to-date security software.
Keep staff informed
Train your staff to be on the lookout for scams or anything unusual.
Protecting your customers
It’s a business’ responsibility to safeguard not only your own information, but also any sensitive data that belongs to employees and customers.
Keep informed about common cybersecurity threats and scams
Instill best security practices throughout your business
Move to implement new and innovative technologies to secure data
Your business can help reduce the impact of fraud and scams
We’re committed to stamping out fraud and scams globally via our secure blockchain-based verified messaging tool.
Verified messaging aims to help build trust in business communications through a secure and verifiable messaging tool, audited by blockchain.
Open and transparent
By creating an immutable data trail, we provide both businesses and users with a verifiable record of all message transactions, building greater transparency and accountability.
How Stirdie is helping to protect businesses
- Tamper-proof messaging service audited by blockchain to reduce business security vulnerability risks
- Build brand trust and customer confidence by verifying your business as a legitimate sender
- Securely send and receive data through a directory of verified users
How Stirdie is helping to protect customers
- Easily spot the difference between a spam text message or one from a legitimate business
- Gain confidence that messages are legitimate and sent from a verified source
What to do if your business
- Report a scam to Scamwatch
- If you have sent money or banking details to a scammer, contact your bank immediately. You are also encouraged to contact your local police, or report it to ReportCyber if the contact has taken place online
- Consider if the matter should be reported to ReportCyber
- Warn your customers about the scam and place a notice on your website
- Report any fake social media accounts to the platform so they can be shut down
- If any of your email accounts have been compromised, change your password for those account(s)
Register your interest for Stirdie